There’s no doubt that romance is the most popular genre. The readers are voracious and will follow their favourite authors with a passion. Quite a number of those readers are currently enamoured with Chance Carter. A man writing Bad Boy Romances for women. While male romance authors aren’t unusual, they’re more likely to write under a female pen name. But not Chance, he’s flaunting his gender on social media and the fans love it. How much do they love it? Well, a recent release netted him 400 reviews in a week! So of course we invited him on to find out how he does it.
About our Guest
In his own words…
Hi, I’m Chance.
A Bad Boy who writes about Bad Boys. Who wouldn’t want to read that?
Here’s the deal. I write them. You fall in love with them. It’s as simple as that.
As a guy writing romance, I always welcome suggestions from readers about the things I’m screwing up.
Questions and topics discussed:
- We opened with a very important question: Boxers or briefs?
- Chance told us a little bit about himself and his past writing efforts
- Why did you choose to write about bad boys and babies?
- Do you write romance and erotica because you were looking for a market that sells or are they something you like to read/write them?
- Are you still writing in other genres?
- Do you communicate with your fans often?
- How many books do you publish in a year?
- What does your day-to-day writing schedule look like?
- Keriann_McKenna asked: Can you describe your bad boys? Specifically what’s bad about them?
- CAMillerx asked: How did you build your audience? From scratch?
- What do you do to engage your fans on social media?
- How many likes / shares and replies do you have on FB from your posts?
- Walk us through your launch, how many days before you release do you start and who you go to promote?
- Writerly asked: Do you have a personal or virtual assistant?
- Do you self-edit or hire it out?
- Do you use promos in addition to your mailing list?
- How much money do you put aside for advertising?
- How long did it take you to sustain yourself to live off your writing?
- How have you adjusted your approach when Amazon changes something?
- What motivates you to keep writing / publishing?
- Did you have to change your lifestyle when you first started out to fit your income?
- Writerly asked: Do you write or dictate? Or both?
- Tell us about the covers…
- Are you thinking long term? What’s next for Chance Carter?
- What would make you stop writing these books?
- Other than getting the next book free, what else do you offer your subscribers? Do they get something else for praising you? 😉
- Why do they like the baby?
- Bad Boy Billionaire’s Baby
- Do you ever worry or have issues with your fans becoming too stalkery / creepy?
- How does your Dirty Secrets short story differ from your Bad Boys?
- CAMillerx asked: Do you have tips for writing a book that will sell?
- How many pen names did you have before this one?
- Which do you think got a better response: you writing openly as a man or under a female pen name?
- Who would be your dream writer to collaborate with?
Links and mentions:
- Vellum <– to create ebooks
- Createspace <– Where Chance publishes first and then uses to obtain reviews before publishing the ebook version
If you have a second, an iTunes review would be VERY appreciated!
Join us next Thursday 7pm PST / 10pm EST
when we chat with Jasmine Walt