Roundtable Round UpOur views on the last week's industry news...
Xavier played host today and was joined by Chrishaun Keller and special guest Stephen Campbell. Topics covered include:
– John Grisham is offering a permafree book that he says will save lives
– Amazon’s ‘supposed’ secret project
– Amazon is again banning heaps of reviewers and deleting all of their reviews – innocent reviewers also caught up in the sweeping bans
Chrishaun Keller and Robert Chazz Chute joined Erica and special guest Chris Fox to discuss the below topics:
– Scribd is limiting it’s unlimited subscription
– Science Fiction authors banding together to help you discover sci-fi!
– Amazon is not hiding reviews so stop freaking out!
– Reedsy launches its new Book Editor
– Literary fiction mourns the loss of two epic authors
Chrishaun Keller joined Erica and X to discuss the below topics:
– Author Earnings Courts Controversy…Again
– Author Claims Book Banned by Publisher
– Copyright Infringement: Dark Hunter vs. Shadowhunters
Patrick Stemp from the To Be Read podcast and Chrishaun Keller joined Erica for this week’s Roundtable Round Up. They discussed the below news items:
– Amazon announces KENPC 2.0
– New York Times Best-Seller List ignores authors 20k+ book sales
– Young Adult finally recognised
– Google’s new “Digital Book” may be digital, but is it a book?
– Steam has an interactive story called Emily is Away
Welcome to the Roundtable Roundup, our third weekly podcast where we go back to our roots and have brought back the Roundtable aspect. Each Sunday (American time) we’ll invite a guest or two to join us live to discuss the latest news and views from the self-publishing and indie industry.
– Kobo partners with ListenUp to give authors a discount on audiobook production
– According to German Court: sharing your Amazon purchases online is spamming
– A call to bust Amazon ‘monopoly’
– Plagiarism: K-Reports is using Book Report’s source code
Welcome to the Roundtable Roundup, our second weekly podcast where we go back to our roots and brought back the Roundtable aspect. Each Sunday (American time) we’ll invite a guest or two to join us live to discuss the latest news and views from the self-publishing and indie industry.
– Kindle ebooks with bad formatting and/or spelling mistakes to include warning label for readers
– Amazon to close Shelfari and merge it with Goodreads
– SFWA to back self-publishing Kickstarter campaigns
– A sexy ebook enhancement…
Changes are happening daily around the globe and in Indie Publishing, so you shouldn’t be surprised to see change happening here with the Self-Publishing Roundtable. The first change of note is that we are adding a second weekly podcast into the line up. We’ve decided to go back to our roots and have brought back the Roundtable aspect. Each Sunday (American time) we’ll invite a guest or two to join us and discuss the latest news and views from the self-publishing and indie industry and this will officially published on Monday (American time).
– Scriptwriting apps
– Author’s stealing from other authors AKA Don’t steal from David Gaughran
– December’s KENPC
– New Tech: Kindle-style braille ereader for the blind
The round up is a wee bit late this week. But better late than never, right? And it’s packed tight with even more news and helpful tidbits than usual!
This round up includes: Amazon tech that’ll help attract more readers and listeners, helpful resources to keep you running on time, Diana Gabaldon’s suggestions on writing sex scenes, catfishing book bloggers, the Authors Guild finally picking the right fight (I know, right?) and the late, great David Bowie (RIP).
A quick round up of indie publishing related news and stuff up until 4 January 2016. Includes: Kobo, Apple, audiobooks, scrivener template, advertising and much much more!
Not much to report at this time of the year but we’ve found a few things to tickle your fancy 🙂
As always we have: helpful resources (Joss Whedon is the best resource), something about B&N, Australian Kobo readers, why you should write a guest post for the SPRT blog and other stuff!
Yes, tis the season to be jolly. To eat, drink and be merry. To sit around outside in the sun, drinking beer and BBQing…doesn’t it suck to be in the northern hemisphere during this time of year? 😛
Amazon Still Cracking Down
Amazon’s review policy has been causing some headaches of late. Not allowing reviews to be posted that have been made in exchange for money or other ‘gifts’ or reviews that have been made by people who have a connection to the author (you’re Facebook friends for example).
Zoinks! Where did my Amazon Reviews Go?
Amazon force resets some passwords
Susan Kaye Quinn’s brief guide to book releases
+ helpful resources and news bytes from the past week
In the news…
Amazon Pre-order ruins Christmas!
Marie Force celebrates 5 years as a self-publisher
How to get more book reviews
+ helpful resources for writing and publishing
In the news…
Amazon has opened a physical bookstore!
Using Lego to bring ideas to life
Bookbub has some marketing advice you need to know.
+ some helpful resources for writing and publishing